Monday, September 10, 2012

Just Like That

My favourite strapline at the moment comes from an unlikely source, a cosmetics brand, namely No.7 (owned by Boots). They've made a line that is simple and brilliant. Frankly (given it's been around for a year or so) I am surprised I haven't seen it before.

Ta Dah!

That's just wonderful.

A two word summary of everything the product is and does, in a phrase that has positivity without being cliched or patronising. It says everything that "Maybe she's born with it" or "Because you're worth it" does, but in fewer words. Even the voiceover says it with such enthusiasm and a tone that feels warm and contagious.

This is one of those lines that needs some good media behind it, because it's so clear and so simple that I can see people taking to it and turning it into a shared bit of culture around make up and cosmetics. Woman walks into the room with her friends and they all go "Ta Dah!".

Great work. The only drawback with a line that great is that it deserves magnificent creative ideas to show it off, I hope they can live up to it.

3 comments:

gemma said...

I love it too: http://almostalwaysthinking.com/2012/05/03/ta-dah-finally-a-feel-good-cosmetics-campaign/

Rob Mortimer (aka Famous Rob) said...

Haha I commented but must have forgotten about it...!

Rob said...

Ooooh that's nice, I like that.

Of course Boots were founded in Nottingham so it makes sense. Ahem.