Thursday, April 16, 2009

Help!!

You know how annoying it is when an opportunity comes up that you aren't quite able to take? I feel like that at the moment...

I have been offered tickets to go to the 50th Anniversary Clio Awards in Las Vegas in May. A really excellent experience of awards, keynotes, panels and the like for someone who has only been in adland for a year (1 year Tuesday I might add!).

The annoying part is I just don't have the money for the travel costs...

So in the spirit of entrepreneurs, bloggers, and nutcases; I have decided to take this one online and see if I can't wangle something somehow somewhere!

It's time for the Help Get Rob to The Clios! campaign. How this will work I don't yet know... Ad funded blogging? Legal name change to brand spokesman? Nice airline looking for publicity? ...but any help, retweets, links or ideas you can give are very very much appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

save your money (and ours!), mate. new people running clio this year, moved it from cool south beach to vegas, gonna be boring. plus no one is going cuz of the economy.

Rob Mortimer (aka Famous Rob) said...

Haha, I appreciate the sentiment of donations!!

I've had a recommendation to go from a very reliable barometer though... Thanks for your thoughts :)

Jam said...

And speaking of barometers - my suggestion would be one of those wicked-cool Totaliser things they had on Blue Peter. Maybe a thermometer-on-the-side-of-a-church style affair? (eg http://www.reginarescuemission.org/blog/uploaded_images/Eicher%20Thermometer%20001-736093.jpg)

True story - I actually made one after seeing Blue Peter when I was 4. All beautifully coloured in, with fireworks and a big felt tip explosion for the top figure of "£1,000,000,000,000".

When I was told that people wouldn't just give me money unless I was a charity, I was pretty heartbroken.

peggy said...

hello there! so you have been offered tickets. more than for one person? if so, what about selling the tickets you don t need on ebay? okay, you would probably have thought of this before... just in case not - depending on the kind of tickets it could cover some costs. if there are no spare ones to sell... it is just some award show. i know i know it probably would be interesting. but then it s just an award show... good luck though!

Robert said...

I'll ask you-know-who ... because I know it's not really about the CLIO's :)

No promises - especially as they don't fly direct there.